Tuesday, January 17, 2012

What questions should I ask a potential automobile accident attorney during my initial consultation?

There are several attorneys that practice in the area of automobile accidents. Some of those attorneys will strive to obtain the best possible settlement while others are more interested in settling the case as soon as possible to make a quick buck. When hiring an attorney, you should ask specific questions to ensure your attorney is experience and willing to put forth the effort for you to obtain the best possible settlement. Some of the questions are as follows:

  1. What should I do about my injuries;
  2. What coverage is available for my injuries and damages;
  3. Do you handle the personal property damages (i.e. loss of use) along with the personal injury damages;
  4. When is the proper time to make a settlement demand;
  5. What am I likely to recover monetarily in this matter;
  6. What happens to my medical bills following resolution of my case;
  7. Are you will to work with the medical providers to reduce with medical bills thus increasing my monetary recovery;
  8. What experience to you have in representing parties in automobile accidents;
  9. Is there someone in your office I can speak to in your absence;
  10. Will you be handling the case personally;
  11. What is your policy or returning telephone calls and providing documentation to me from the other party;
  12. Do you have medical providers that can treat me for my injuries;
  13. How long will the claim/case take before it is concluded; and
  14. Will I have to go to court to pursue this matter.